About Blanchard & Thomas
Blanchard & Thomas is a family focused law firm in Waco, TX. Our attorneys primarily handle high net worth divorce cases, child custody disputes, modifications, suits affecting the parent-child relationship (SAPCR), adoptions, child support cases and more. However, the firm has expanded to include several locations with attorneys experienced in handling criminal cases; wills and trusts cases; business litigation; personal injury; and immigration. If you have a legal problem, we likely have an attorney who knows how to fix it. Call today for a free consultation.
Founding Attorney History
Kristy Blanchard began her legal career at KoonsFuller, PC where she became known as a talented and zealous legal advocate capable and willing to take on the hardest cases. She is a true family litigator trained to find solutions when they are hard to see, yet ready and willing to go to battle in the courtrooms when the situation requires.
Barrett Thomas is a former police officer and assistant district attorney. He honed his skills as a litigator in the courts. He has a knack for finding the truth, even when it has been intentionally concealed. He uses his investigative prowess to benefit his clients and see that they have the advantage in both settlement negotiations and at trial.
How The Founding Partners Met
Kristy and Barrett met while serving on the Board of Directors for the Texas Young Lawyers Association. Through service and dedication to the organization, both of them were ultimately elected President of the 27,000+ member organization of attorneys just two years apart.
Barrett and Kristy quickly recognized the passion and drive that each of them shared to not only succeed personally, but also professionally. More importantly, they observed a mutual desire to constantly improve their ability to serve ALL their clients’ needs.
It was that passion to form a complete firm that led them to form a partnership in 2015 in order to offer their clients the best of both of their abilities, and to expand their practices to offer a greater variety of services.
Our Strategies For Success
The Blanchard & Thomas, LLP (B&T) strategy for success is not something novel or unheralded. Rather, it is a dedication to certain time-honored principles of business and life. We want to earn the right to be your attorneys from now on, not just for the duration of your current legal issue. To achieve that goal, we follow the following fundamental principles.
The B&T “Clients’ Bill of Rights”
1. First, we treat clients like people and not numbers – the same way we would like to be treated ourselves.
2. We build our relationships upon a foundation of total honesty. Absolute honesty allows the client and the attorney to develop trust that will be absolutely critical to success in and out of the courtroom.
3. While the attorney client relationship may not always result in friendship, we believe it should always result in mutual respect. We zealously advocate on our clients’ behalf whether we agree with their choices or not. We do not judge our clients choices; we simply attempt to help them learn from them, live with them, and overcome them.
4. We make a commitment to communication. We begin and end many of our days communicating with clients. Our clients can count on us to return phone calls and/or e-mails within 24 hours except in emergencies or during announced absences from the office. We want our clients to always know what we know and vice-versa., and overcome them.
5. We play hard, we play fast, and we stick to the game plan. We work with every client to develop a strategy most likely to bring about their success. We work hard to ensure the strategy gives our client every advantage possible and their very best chance at success. We then implement that strategy as quickly and efficiently as possible.
6.We play to win. While we cannot guarantee outcomes in any case, we always do our best to see that our clients come out on top. We want our clients to know without question that their success matters to us more than their payments.
7. We serve at the clients’ pleasure. If for any reason whatsoever the client decides he/she is better off with a different attorney or law firm, we will respectfully and professionally do whatever we can to get the new attorney or law firm up to speed and ready to handle the case. We vow to never object to a client’s request to seek alternative counsel, and we promise to return 100% of any unearned advance payments.